Thursday, May 3, 2018

A special milestone - a 70th birthday

On the weekend we celebrated a very special milestone for my father in law, his 70th birthday. 
As the family is spread out over the world at the moment we couldn't all get together so on the weekend we got the Sydney crew together for dinner to wish him the happiest of birthdays. 
I've popped some photos up below of the night.....









To decorate the table I shopped my cupboards and pulled out my go to tree stumps as a base. I then added a few cactus + succulents for greenery and the copper mugs added some warmth. I then added the "Paul" blocks to personalise the setting. I  find it difficult to create centrepieces for our round table as it is quite large so you need something substantial. Also it has to be low so it doesn't obsure guests faces and make conversation difficult. I'll keep searching for ideas!
The letter boards were a great way to display the cocktail of the night and a special birthday message I found on Pinterest.

Shop the look......

Our round table was an amazing op shop find. You don't find this size often!

Tree stump offcuts - Big W a few years ago. 

Wooden blocks - Kmart

Chairs - Fantastic Furniture 

Copper Mugs - Big W a few years ago

Gold Cutlery - Big W

Gold cake stand - Domayne

Foil balloons - Big W

Letter Boards - Alpha Board Co


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover